1. About handling of personal information (purpose of use)
The Company uses personal information for the purpose of providing and improving various products and services, and developing new products and services. Some examples of the purpose of use are as follows:
- To provide information about, confirm purchase of, and deliver newspapers, books, magazines, periodicals, and e-mail newsletter services
- To provide information about, confirm application for, and deliver admissions tickets for exhibitions, symposia, and seminars, etc.
- To mediate requests for materials from readers to advertising companies, etc.
- To conduct satisfaction surveys for the purpose of improving various products and services
- To make billing and confirm payment for various products and services
- To provide information and guidance about registration for various membership services
- To check and analyze the access situation for the purpose of improving the website
- To check delivery status of advertisements on website, analyze their effectiveness, and show behavioral targeting advertisements
2. About scope of responsibility
The Company does not assume any responsibility for collection, use, or handling of personal information performed on third-party websites that are linked to the Company’s website, or on the advertisers’ websites.
3. About cookies (connection history information automatic collection function)
Cookies are information accumulated on the user’s computer, which are sent from the website server to the browser of the user. The cookies include the user’s browsing history and inputs on the website.
If the user allows sending and receiving of cookies in the browser settings, the server of each website the can send its cookie to the user's browser. However, for the purpose of privacy protection, the website server is only allowed to access the cookie it sent.
The Company may use the information collected through cookies for the purposes such as delivery of contents and advertisements, and confirmation in specific services, but the information shall never be used fraudulently. The information collected using cookies or IP addresses does not contain any information for specifying or identifying individuals.
Yahoo Japan Corporation
Cyber Communications Inc.
User Local, Inc.
Outbrain Japan Inc.
5. About transferring of personal information to other countries
6. About procedures for changing the purpose of use and suspending the use
7. About procedures for correction, disclosure, etc.
When the Company receives a request for correction, disclosure, or notification regarding the purpose of use from those who have provided personal information, the Company shall respond promptly upon identification confirmation, etc. To request for correction, disclosure, or notification of purpose of use, please make an inquiry using the form below.
8. About personal information management structure
An in-house manual regarding personal information protection has been established and disseminated in the Company, by which all executives and employees perform protection and management of such information. Personal information is designed to be accessible only to authorized personnel. In addition, the Company supervises appropriate use of the information by related companies and subcontractors.
Chief Privacy Officer: General Manager, Corporate Management Office, the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Ltd.
14-1, Nihonbashi Koami-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8548 Japan
If you have any comments or questions regarding the Company’s personal information protection, please make an inquiry using the form below.